- Click START then RUN. And the RUN dialogue will be opened.
- On the space, type \\ and the name of the computer you are accessing. For example. If the name of the computer is COMP2, you will type \\COMP2 then press ENTER. And the window of the shared folders of the COMP2 computer will be Displayed.
- Turn on the computer.
- Enter the CMOS property by pressing DEL during MEMORY CHECKING or DETECTION OF DISKS installed. But there are other computers which are configured to use F1 in entering the CMOS property.
- Select the STANDARD CMOS FEATURE option.
- Set the IDE Primary Master/Slave and IDE Secoday Master/Slave into AUTO option and let the computer auto-detect the installed disks.
- If you have the CD/DVD and Harddisk installed, the two component should be detected.
- But if one of them was not detected, exit the CMOS setup, SAVE all the changes and SHUTDOWN your computer.
- Check the JUMPER configuration of both. Configure it so that one of them will be the MASTER and other as SLAVE.
- Then, do the steps 1 to 5 again. But if the Hardisk was still not detected, do the step 6, and Check the cables connection.
- After that, do steps 1 to 5 again. If it was again not detected, do step 6 and try connecting it to another computer. If the problem persist, then there is something wrong with it and you must buy a new harddisk for your computer or bring it to the store where you purchased it for repair if it is still under warranty period.
Assuming that the harddisk is in good condition and is detected by the computer but still fails to boot, try pressing ENTER 5 times. If it doest still boot, then the Operating System or the OS installed on the harddisk must be corrupted. To repair, you must re-install the Operating System.
I showed her how by using the shortcut key CTL-ALT-F in inserting the endnote and automatically asking for the footnote information. But it was not the way she wanted to do to her document. She told me that instead of using footnote, the information will be posted on the Reference section of her thesis.
So, I recommended that she better use the Superscript function on the MSWORD application. And after showing her some example, she then kissed me on my cheek and thanked me for the things I shared.
First you have to find a 3 pin for Jumper. For motherboards which has labeled the jumper for the CMOS, we will have no problem looking for it. Anyway there are only few 3pin for jumper standing on your mother board especially if the mother board you have has been released from 2001 and later.
If you are not sure which of them, just try these steps.
- Try disconnecting the CMOS battery for a couple of seconds. Then return it back and turn on your computer. If the password protection has been disabled by this method, then you are already successful diabling it, else, follow the next procedure.
- Look for any 3 pins for jumper set on your mother board. If pin 1 and pin 2 has been connected by the jumper, transfer the jumper to connect pin 2 and pin 3 and wait for a couple of seconds. Then return the jumper to pin 1 and pin 2 connections. Switch on your computer. Or you can repeat this step to other set of 3 pins with jumper you have found on your mother board. Then you can switch on your computer. I think, this will be the last step you may have and you'll be successful in disabling the CMOS password protection.
To let you know, desktop.ini and folder.htt are both important files in Windows system. But they were already infected with malicious codes, we can disable the use of it, anyway, Windows will still works fine without this two files.
Here's what you can do to disable:
- Click on START button on the TASKBAR.
- Click on RUN.
- On the RUN dialogue, type REGEDIT and then click OK.
- On the REGEDIT window, press CTRL-F simultaneously and then a FIND dialogue will appear.
- On the FIND dialogue, type FOLDER.HTT and then press ENTER, then windows will find the word FOLDER.HTT on the information displayed by the REGEDIT program.
- If the windows FIND program finds the term you are looking for, it will then stops, highlighting the searched term.
- On the left FRAME of the REGEDIT window, click on the opened FOLDER and then press DELETE and then confirm the deletion if you will be ask by pressing OK.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 until the FIND program will tell you that folder.htt is not found which means, you have already deleted all the entry of the file FOLDER.HTT.
Once the registry entry of the FOLDER.HTT file has been deleted, FOLDER.HTT files on your hardisk or floppy disk will not be executed. But just to make it sure, you must delete the FOLDER.HTT, DESKTOP.INI and the malicious PIF files on you disk.
If you have still questions, please feel free to post it on the comments section or through our guestbook.
However, I know that there are other possible causes, such as:
- overheating due to bad ventilation.
- improper shutting down due to power outage or any other causes
- over/lower voltage input