Subscribe my articles from SELaplana:
Delivered by FeedBurner
 

Computer problem due to dial-up configuration

The computer stops responding every 3 minute for about 5 seconds. This is the complaint of a man called himself "Menting" regarding his computer.

The computer has Pentium III 566 processor, 32mb RAM, 32mb Video Graphics card, 10GB Harddisk, LAN, Internal Modem, and other motherboard-builtin computer parts.

As the man told me his observation on the working condition of his computer, computer viruses has came into my mind. I thought his computer was already infected by certain viruses. So I check first the files saved onthe harddisk, and then the programs intalled for possible traces of viruses, but I found nothing. From the symptoms given, the probable cause must be a virus, otherwise there was a program which activate itself every 3 minutes for about 5 seconds.

So, I tried to check what program was activating which cause the computer to hang-up, by pressing at the same time the CTRL, ALT and Delete keyboard buttons. Thus, from the CLOSE PROGRAM Dialogue, Dial-up was listed there.

At last I found the problem. It was the Dial-up which was activating every 5 minutes for about 3 seconds. It was configured to dial every time the connection was not present. That was my findings, although I haven't yet checked the properties of the Dial-up.

And I was not wrong because this is really the cause of the computer operation disturbance. The Dial-up was trying to dial the default number if it was not connected to the internet. And during the dialing, the computer seems stopped responding.
Search Lyrics by Artists: 0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z