Subscribe my articles from SELaplana:
Delivered by FeedBurner
 

Support: Hardisk Fails To Boot

Question: Windows XP and Windows 98 were installed on my hardisk before it became infected by viruses. When I haven't found a remedy on recovering my files, I decided to reformat my hardisk. After reformatting it, I install Windows 98 only, but I found a problem with it. I successfully installed the OS but it fails to boot during startup. What might be the reason behind it? (From Glad of Quezon City)

Answer:

Did you deleted the NTFS partition of your harddisk or you directly formatted you hardisk using the FORMAT.COM file on your Windows 98 installation disk? NTFS is the file system used by the Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows NT operating system of Microsoft. Now, if you decided to use the Windows98 system only, then you should delete first the partition on the NT Files System so that, the computer will directly boot its system using the Windows98 installed on the your harddisk. Use the FDISK.EXE to delete the NTFS partition.

1. Boot your computer using the Startup disk of your Windows98 system.
2. On the DOS prompt c:\ type a:\fdisk then press ENTER.
3. You will be ask whether you will ENABLE THE LARGE DISK SUPPORT, just press Y.
4. Then press 3 for delete partition.
5. Then press 4 for delete non-DOS partition.
6. Then follow the rest of the instructions.

Maybe it is needed to set the remaining partition as the primary DOS partition. But if it needs to format the partition then do it and then install your Windows98 again.
Search Lyrics by Artists: 0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z